Hey friends. Happy almost Thanksgiving!! I absolutely love this holiday, mostly because I love the idea of having a day dedicated to being thankful for where we are at in our lives, plus all the delicious food is not a bad addition. Today, I am heading home to spend time away from school and see my family and friends. Get excited because my plan for my time at home includes a new blog post everyday! Before the fun posts begin, I want to kick it off with talking to you about what I am grateful for.
In the world we live in, sometimes, it is so easy to get caught up in thinking about what we do not have or what we are not capable of. I feel as if this is especially prominent during the holiday season, as, for many people, this is a high stress time period. It is so easy to forget that there are people out there praying for the blessings that we take for granted. For example, how many children or young adults do not have the opportunity to go to school? This is something, as a college student, I certainly can admit I take for granted, especially when I am feeling stressed out about my studies. So, let’s all take a minute to stop and think about what we are truly grateful for…
- Family– Family is so important to me. I truly believe that I am the person I am today because of them. Being away at college makes it hard for me because I often have FOMO. Just having family dinner, or when my mom and her sisters get together to make applesauce and apple pies often makes me wish that I were home to be included. When I am at home, I try not to take for granted that I am there and just really enjoy it.
- Friends– My friends are the family I got to choose for myself, cheesy, I know. But I truly believe that my friends keep me going, especially when I am at school. Without them, I do not know where I would be.
- Me– It has taken me a long time to like me. I finally feel confident in wh
- o I am and I am so grateful to the people that have helped me get here.
- School– I do not always like school, but I always know how lucky I am to go to such an incredible institution that provides me with unlimited opportunities.
- Coffee– I never used to be a big coffee drinker, but throughout college, I have really taken a taste to it. And, if I am being honest, it has gotten me through some dragging mornings and late night studying.
- Candles– I am beyond obsessed with candles. I just love that they are a thing. No further explanation.
- Healthy Food– YUM! I am blessed that I am able to eat healthy, balanced meals everyday, as I love properly fueling my body and feeling how it positively affects my body.
- My Blog– This is something that I am starting to become really proud of. I like that I get to write and express myself in this setting. It is also SO COOL that I get to interact with so many young women my age that are passionate about the same things as I am.
What are you feeling grateful this year? Let me know in the comments below! Remember to check back each day until next Sunday for all the new, fun blog posts!